Managing Director (Insurance Sector)
No of Jobs
To provide strategic, proactive and effective leadership for the Company’s operations.
Lead the formulation and implementation of the Company’s strategy in order to maximise shareholder value and enhance the strategic positioning of the organisation.
To plan and formulate company policies for recommendation to the Board.
Responsible for formulating and implementing the strategic plan that guides the direction of the Company’s business.
Establish an efficient and timely performance measurement and reporting system.
Guide the allocation of resources and budgets in line with the Company’s corporate objectives.
Lead the identification and development of systems that support the requisite control environment.
Enhance brand development through implementation of activities that augment brand strength and awareness.
Develop and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders, clients, regulators and insurance industry groupings.
Ensure the Company is appropriately staffed with the right calibre of staff so as to achieve the set goals.
Take complete responsibility for the development and acceptance of challenging but realistic objectives and plans by immediate subordinates and help them to achieve desired results.
To work towards the preservation and growth of the Company’s assets, investments and profitability.
- Must be a holder of a relevant Commercial degree and an MBA/MBL degree.
- Must have a professional qualification from a recognised Insurance Institute or ICAZ.
- At least 10 years Executive Management level experience in similar organisations.
- Must be an innovative and business oriented professional with a solid grounding in insurance and reinsurance.
- Must have excellent understanding of Corporate Governance and compliance issues.
- Must have a thorough understanding of market trends and dynamics in the insurance sector and be able to use that understanding to advise the Board accordingly.
- Excellent communicator who has good presentation skills, strong interpersonal, analytical and professional ethical standing.
- Must be business minded, strategic thinker whose integrity is beyond reproach..